Ever wanted to download clips from your favorite Twitch streamers but couldn’t find a way to do it for the life of you? We’ve all been there. Unfortunately (but for understandable reasons), Twitch doesn’t offer the option to download another person’s videos – or vods, as they’re more commonly referred to as. The most you can do is download your own Vods.
However, we took the time to compile a list of steps to help you download your favorite twitch clips. So, without further ado, here’s how to download Twitch clips safely and easily.
Is Downloading Twitch Clips Legal?
Much like in the case of other platforms, downloading Twitch clips is something of a gray area. As long as you download the clips for personal use and don’t profit from them (by, say, uploading them to YouTube and monetizing them) you may be safe. When in doubt, it’s always a good idea to ask permission from the creator.
How to Download Twitch Clips From Your Own Channel on PC
First off, we will walk you through the steps of downloading Twitch clips from your own channel on PC, just in case you need it. Follow these steps to download Twitch clips:
- Log in to Twitch and create a clip.
- Click the download button.
And that’s it! These steps are valid as long as you’ve just created a clip. But what about your library of videos? We got you covered:
- Click on your Twitch profile icon.
- Select Creator Dashboard.
- Once you’re in the Creator Dashboard Page, go to Content, then Clips.
- Click on the Clips of My Channel tab.
- Click on the download button.
- Your Twitch clips should be in your PC’s downloade folder.
How to Download Twitch clips on PC with YTD Downloader (Recommended)
YTD downloader is a video downloader tool that allows users to download videos from over 50 sources across the internet, from YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn to Tumblr and, yes, Twitch.
What makes YTD stand out from its peers, though, are the many features that streamline the downloading and video preservation process.
Here’s a brief rundown of YTD’s features, to get you started:
- Download your favorite videos in all popular formats: MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, MOV, WMV, 3GP, FLV, etc.
- Convert your videos to any known format directly in the app (Premium feature)
- Download videos from over 50 sources sites. For a complete roster, check out the list on our website.
- Download entire playlists with just a few clicks.
- Save videos in HD quality (Free version) up to 8K (only for Premium users).
- Download videos in batches with YTD’s advanced control panel.
- Download videos directly to your device of choice – we don’t lock content in our ecosystem.
- Watch videos offline with YTD’s advanced panel.
- Trim the beginning and ending of the video
- Tweak and configure the video’s quality and file size.
- Ad-free interface.
- Works on all devices, whether Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android.
- Minimal resource consumption.
- No watermarks and bloatware
With that out of the way, here’s how to download Twitch videos using YTD downloader:
- Install and open YTD on any device (PC, Mac, etc)
- Look up the Twitch clip, copy the link and paste it in YTD’s input field.
- Choose your video quality (friendly reminder: you can download Twitch clips in 8K via YTD premium).
- Click Download and wait a few seconds for the download to finish.
- Your video should be in the Downloads folder on your device.
- Enjoy your Twitch clip.
And that’s pretty much it. YTD is simple, intuitive and devoid of all the trappings of the source sites and other downloaders.
If you want to enhance your downloading experience even further, consider upgrading to one of our paid plans. Pro and Ultimate users get double the downloading speed, unlimited downloads and a wide range of file conversion formats.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you get by upgrading to our paid plans:
- 1x download speed
- 3 downloads/day
- Double the download speed
- Download as many videos as you want
- Unlimited file conversion
- All YTD Pro features
- Download videos in 8K
- Download multiple videos at once
+ Plus many other features. Sign up to one of our paid plans and enhance your downloading experience!
How To Download Twitch Clips On Mobile Devices using YTD
You should know that if you want to download Twitch clips, you are not restricted to PC – you can also save your clips on your mobile device of choice.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download/Install the Twitch app on your phone.
- On the channel’s page, swipe right and tap Clips.
- Find the clip you want to download.
- Tap on the video’s thumbnail.
- Tap Share.
- Select Copy Link.
- Go to YTD downloader and paste the link in the app to download it.
- Enjoy your Twitch video.
Twitch to MP3 – how to convert Twitch Clips With YTD
As we said above, YTD Downloader is not only a simple downloader app. You can convert pretty much any video to your format of choice. For the purposes of this article, we will focus strictly on converting Twitch videos to MP3 – though it’s worth stressing that you’re not limited to MP3.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Install & open YTD on any of your devices (PC or mobile – works on all of them!).
- Copy the link of the Twitch clip you want to convert.
- Paste the link into the input field.
- Select “automatically convert to” and choose the format (in this case, MP3).
- Select “Delete original file after conversion” if you have no use for it.
- Click Download.
- You should find the downloaded MP3 in the Downloads folder on your device.
How To Download Twitch Clips FAQ
Can I download a Twitch clip?
You can download Twitch clips via third-party tools such as YTD Downloader.
How to Download Twitch Clips Wrapped Up
Twitch has grown to be one of the most popular platforms out there, and it can be hard to keep up with all the content before it disappears from the face of the internet forever. With YTD, you can build your own digital archive of Twitch clips with just a few clicks. Sign up to one of our paid plans and happy downloading!