Whilst other platforms allow users to download videos in some form or another, saving videos on Snapchat is a bit more complicated. That’s mainly because the photos and videos users share on Snapchat have a time limit.
So, if you are looking for a way to circumvent those restrictions, you have come to the right place. With YTD, you can pretty much save any video you want, including from Snapchat. So let’s delve deeper into how to download Snapchat videos.
How to Save Snapchat videos directly from the app
First, let’s go over the basics:
How to save your own snapchat videos (before sharing)
This is a pretty straightforward process:
- Record a video by long pressing the shutter button. Once the preview screen appears, tap the Save button.
- Go to the “Snaps” section of Memories.
- Tap the card icon next to the shutter button.
- Long press your video and select “Export”
- When the share function appears, tap Download. This should save your video directly to your phone’s gallery.
How to Save a Video on Snapchat from Your Own Story
Thankfully, Snapchat provides a way to save your own Story videos. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open your profile page.
- Press the horizontal three dots menu icon.
- When the pop-up appears, select Save Story.
- Go to Memories, your saved video should be there.
How to Save Snapchat Videos (with expiration timer)
It’s worth mentioning right from the start that you will get the option to save the video if someone sent you a looping Snapchat video (meaning videos without an expiration timer).
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open chat and long press the video (this option is unavailable for images and videos set as “play once”).
- Tap “ Save in chat” . This should display the video in the conversation window.
- Long-press the saved video and select “Save to Camera Roll”. It’s worth stressing that Snapchat will notify the other person that you have saved the video.
How to Save Snapchat videos with expiration timer
Here’s the kicker: you can’t. Snapchat has made a name for itself as a very privacy-centric company, so it doesn’t let users download videos they receive in chat.
If you still want to download that video, you can use your phone’s native screen recording feature. However, the sender may get notified if you screen record their video or chat window, so tread lightly.
How to download Snapchat videos with YTD Downloader (the best way)
You may not be able to download Snapchat videos from chat, but that doesn’t mean Snapchat stories have to disappear forever. And this is all possible thanks to YTD Downloader.
YTD Downloader is an intuitive third-party tool that lets users download videos from over 50 platforms across the internet, from YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn to Tumblr and, yes, Snapchat.
But here’s the kicker – YTD Downloader is more than downloading videos. In this app, you will find multiple features that will enhance your video downloading and preservation experience.
Let’s take a brief look at YTD’s main features:
- Download your favorite videos in all popular formats: MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, MOV, WMV, 3GP, FLV, etc.
- Convert your videos to any known format directly in the app (Premium feature)
- Download videos from over 50 sources sites. For a complete roster, check out the list on our website.
- Download entire playlists with just a few clicks.
- Save videos in HD quality (Free version) up to 8K (only for Premium users).
- Download videos in batches with YTD’s advanced control panel.
- Download videos directly to your device of choice – we don’t lock content in our ecosystem.
- Watch videos offline with YTD’s advanced panel.
- Trim the beginning and ending of the video
- Tweak and configure the video’s quality and file size.
- Ad-free interface.
- Works on all devices, whether Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android.
- Minimal resource consumption.
- No watermarks and bloatware
YTD is designed, from the ground up, to provide its users with a one stop shop kind of solution.
With that out of the way, here’s how to download Snapchat videos using YTD downloader:
- Install & Launch YTD.
- Grab the Snapchat video link and paste the URL into the input field.
- Choose the video quality (up to 8K).
- (Optional) Trim the beginning and end of the video.
- Click “Download” and wait for the download to finish.
- The video should be stored in the “Downloads” folder on your device.
- Enjoy your video.
And that’s pretty much it. YTD is simple, intuitive and devoid of all the trappings of the source sites and other downloaders.
If you want to enhance your downloading experience even further, consider upgrading to one of our paid plans. Pro and Ultimate users get double the downloading speed, unlimited downloads and a wide range of file conversion formats.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you get by upgrading to our paid plans:
- 1x download speed
- 3 downloads/day
- Double the download speed
- Download as many videos as you want
- Unlimited file conversion
- All YTD Pro features
- Download videos in 8K
- Download multiple videos at once
+ Plus many other features. Sign up to one of our paid plans and enhance your downloading experience!
How to download a Snapchat video FAQ
Does Snapchat save files locally?
Snapchat files are saved on the company’s server, not on your device.
Do all Snapchat videos disappear?
Snapchat servers automatically delete videos after they’ve been viewed by recipients.
Where are Snapchat videos stored?
Snapchat videos are stored in the “Memories” section within the app.
How to save a Snapchat video someone sent you without them knowing?
At the moment, there is no official way of downloading Snapchat videos without alerting the sender. While there are some workarounds, all methods pose their own level of risk.
How to download a Snapchat video wrapped up
And that’s everything you need to know about downloading Snapchat videos. The main takeaway is that while there are ways to circumvent Snapchat’s restrictions on downloading timed videos, every method comes with a degree of risk (and, let’s be honest, awkwardness). But if you want to save Snapchat stories for yourself, you can do so easily with YTD Downloader. Check it out – it might be up your alley. Happy downloading!